.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let's Flea It Up!

As in flea market that is! I remember when I was a little girl my parents used to drag us to flea markets and yard sales. I would get car sick because I insisted I was too bored and, like the nerd that I am, read my books while driving. Not a good idea. But as I got older I learned NOT to read in the car and actually enjoyed finding new old treasures for dirt cheap prices. I found lots of books especially. I remember my mom buying me the entire Babysitters' Club collection at a flea market. My life changed forever after that. 
We then progressed to selling at flea markets and it was so much fun! We got to make money then spend it all in the same day. My inner shopoholic was born!
So it has been literally years since I have been to a flea market, to buy or to sell. I am excited this week because there is a flea market going on this Saturday and I am determined to get a spot and sell my hair accessories as if they were tiny hotcakes. I'm mostly going to be selling my older barrettes that I made a few years ago. I've been wanting to get rid of them so this is the perfect opportunity to sell cheap and get my name out there. Hello marketing plan! 
I have immersed myself in making new tags for each barrette so that whoever buys one will have my shop's web address go home with them. It's been a tedious process, but the end result is pretty cool:
Taggy goodness
Do you like it? I used to have them attached to a bright cardstock and enclosed in small ziploc bags. Not every attractive. So I had to take them all out and reattach my new tags. Exciting I know! :/

No comments: