.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My First Etsy Sale! And Other Stuff

July 1, 2008
So I made my first Etsy.com sale today! Of course it was my cousin, but hey a sale is a sale right? and she bought two items! I am so excited :D It just gets me revved up to make more things and keep going with promoting and marketing my site. So thanks Xiara! Love ya babe ;)

In other etsy news I have been busy joining all kinds of sites and groups and trying to get my link out there. You can see some of the sites I've joined to the left. I also joined some Flickr groups which let you post your photos for members to see and they have forums where you can get alot of advice on selling and stuff so that's pretty cool.I've also been busy making more yoyos and putting them together. The picture above is actually an older picture to give an idea of what they look like before I decide which backing they will have. Hair ties, clips, bobby pins? Who knows? But, lately the fabrics I am using are brighter and cuter and more modern so I'm looking forward to seeing how they look when they're all done. I'll post them up soon. Right now I have a bunch in a box just pinned together so my next step is to sew it all together.
Oh! And I am also going to be getting a sewing machine this weekend! I am super excited about that! My mother has one and is paranoid about me using it...with good reason lol. Plus I want my own to learn with and then I can make the ideas that are floating around in my head like bags, purses, wallets, pillows, and oh so much more!

No comments: