.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Me and Mr. Bob & Mini Pincushions

July 25, 2008
I am truly too tired and worn out to even be writing this right now so please stay with me while I punch out these words. I simply had to write a post tonite because just today I got myself a sewing machine! Not just a new one, but my very first one ever in life. It is strictly a beginner machine. I mean it only cost $40 and I can literally carry it in one hand. It only does straight lines and I love it :)
It is perfect for me right now because it's not overwhelming and allows me to experiment with new and exciting projects I've been wanting to try! And look at what I made in only... ummm an hour?


I forgot to look a the time, but it felt like an hour. (It's the same pillow, reverse sides.) I won't be selling this one since I found some mistakes, but I never give away or sell any new first project that I finished. Call it a good luck charm.
Speaking of new projects I found this tutorial on Craftstylish.com for cute little tiny pin cushions using plastic bottle caps. I made my own variations of it.


Cute right? That site has many other tutorials which is a great resource if you ever get bored of whatever you're into and want a break to try something new. I'm not sure if I'll continue to do more of these mini pin cushions since I have my new best friend Mr. Bob...yes I just named my new mini sewing machine.

No comments: